Equilibrium is excited to introduce
Prenatal and Postnatal Massage Therapy
Pregnancy and labor are physical efforts. As the baby grows, the mother's center of mass is shifting away from her familiar axis, which requires her strength to realign the weight over her hips, knees and ankles to maintain balance.
Postural muscles are working overtime. Massage can alleviate the physical discomfort and pain caused by postural changes, muscular tension and fatigue.
Life gets busy when you're expecting. Many women have to juggle their jobs, care for their older children, and prepare for the new baby all in a day's work. Many women appreciate the sense of calm and emotional support they gain from the session. In addition to the reduction of muscle tension, massage has been shown to reduce anxiety, elevate mood and improve sleep in the pre and postnatal population.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- Alleviation of stress and pain caused by postural changes, muscle tension and fatigue
- Alleviation of strain on weight-bearing joints
- Facilitation of circulation and reduction of edema (swelling)
- Enhancement of general relaxation and reduction in cortisol levels (the stress hormone)
- Can help with general stress, poor sleep, anxiety, and depression
- Development of sensory and kinesthetic awareness essential to conscious birth
- An experience of nurturing touch to promote a woman's confidence to touch and massage her baby
- Facilitation of adjustment to prepregnancy physiology after labor
- Postural education to minimize the physical and structural stress of carrying and caring for a newborn
About our Specialist:
Polina Savelieva is a certified prenatal/postnatal massage therapist with extensive training from Susanrachel Condon, a prominent midwife, educator at the Swedish Institute, and founder of Niara Healing Arts. Polina also holds a certification in physical training for the pregnant and postpartum client from the highly respected Annette Lang education systems.