Equilibrium Wellness Providers, Doctors, Patients, and Friends,
As healthcare providers we aim to support our individual patients, but our service must extend to supporting our local communities and all Americans. Racism is a systemic disease of our society, and it is our duty as clinicians to fight disease.
Equilibrium stands with #blacklivesmatter. We stand against racial injustice, police brutality, and the deep-rooted inequity in our country for black Americans.
We understand that it’s not enough to sympathize with #blacklivesmatter and be a silent advocate. All Americans must be active in the discussion and demonstrate an effort to enact change from deep within our foundation. Equilibrium PT has made a donation to Campaign Zero to fight police brutality, and we have provided organizations below so that you too can show your support.
We aim to heal our country as we do our patients. We stand with #blacklivesmatter, we ACT for #blacklivesmatter.
– The Equilibrium Team –
Campaign Zero: https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
- This organization fights against police brutality.
NAACP: We are done Dying: https://www.naacp.org/campaigns/we-are-done-dying/
- The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
The Bail Project: https://bailproject.org/
- Bail for those fighting injustice
Black Visions Collective: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
- “A political home for black people across Minnesota,” this Minnesota nonprofit is dedicated to safe, autonomous black communities.
The Legal Rights Center: https://www.legalrightscenter.org/donate.html
- Provides criminal defense and legal services for low-income people of color in and around Minneapolis, including arrested protesters.
Northstar Health Collective: https://www.northstarhealthcollective.org/donate
- Medics for protesters. The group of nurses, doctors, and healthcare providers was originally founded to maintain community safety during the 2008 Republican National Convention in St. Paul.
Communities United Against Police Brutality: https://www.cuapb.org/
- This is an established local organization that was created “to deal with police brutality on an ongoing basis.”