What is the Alter G Treadmill?
FDA cleared and built on NASA technology, the Alter G treadmill allows you to run or walk at a fraction of your body weight. Leading medical professionals are using the Alter G to help their patients recover faster and have a smoother return to activity. Top athletes and teams are using the Alter G to recover and train smarter, thus reducing the frequency of training injuries, while still building fitness and speed.
What are the benefits?
- Strengthens and improves coordination of muscles.
- Reduces joint pain and protects against degeneration.
- Allows for cardiovascular training without physical stress.
- Improves recovery time from injury or surgery.
- Compliments traditional training to avoid overuse injury.
- Reduces ground resistance for enhanced speed training.
- Allows those with limitations to exercise more effectively.
How can it help me?
The Alter G allows the individual to reduce gravity while walking or running. This makes the person lighter and therefore allows them to move more easily, with greater speed, and without physical strain.
Alter G at Equilibrium:
Use of the Alter-G is included in all Physical Therapy and wellness sessions at no extra charge. If you would like to use the Alter-G independently, we offer 10 visit punch cards where you may reserve the Alter-G at your convenience.